Receptionist at Lennox Island Band Office
Lennox Island First Nation – Band Office
- The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provide administrative assistance to all Band programs.
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner.
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner.
- Book meeting rooms and help to plan meetings as required by various staff and program areas.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, mail, and courier parcels.
- Make copies of correspondence, documents and other printed materials
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment.
- Direct community members and the general public to the appropriate staff member.
- Pick up and deliver correspondence.
- Maintain and place orders for all office stationary supplies including supplies for fax machines, photocopiers (also include service and repair calls)
- Obtain proper paperwork from clients.
- Type correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Prepare notices, newsletters, promotional material, and other information
- Qualified candidate will ideally have post-secondary education in Office Administration, or a related field of study.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required, including MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and coordination skills to handle multiple, simultaneous priorities.
Qualified candidates seeking to apply are invited to submit a covering letter along with a current resume no later than Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 by 4 PM.
Lennox Island Band Office
2 Eagle Feather Trail
P.O. Box 134
Lennox Island, PE.,
Phone (902)831-2779 x 229; Fax (902)831-3153