St. Anne’s Building Fund
Over the last 10 years the Lennox Island First Nation has worked diligently to raise funds to renovate our Church.
We have been very successful over the last few years to collect enough money to make significant improvements to the church’s structure and appearance.
Below is a listing of work completed to date:
- Installed new stained glass window at front of alter
- Painted and freshened up the alter
- New foundation
- Plastering and repair of walls in the main room, the bell tower and the vestry
- Removal of old loft
- Installed new padded kneelers
- Painting of walls and ceilings
- Installed new flooring on alter area
- Refinished the main floor to original state and sealed with polyurethane.
- Repaired/replaced windows and doors, painted finishing and doors
- Repaired and upgraded wiring in the church
- Replaced heating system
- Installed a complete washroom in basement
- Repaired the steeple and shingled it
- Installed new lightning rods
- Painted and repaired the entire outside of the Church
Still, work is needed to complete the renovations and ensure this spiritual landmark remains a part of our future. Major projects still to be completed are:
- New roof
- Complete basement
- Add new stained glass windows
To learn more, watch the video compilation created to tell the story of St. Anne’s Church. To make a donation, please contact the Band Office: Phone: (902) 831-2779 or (902) 831-2493.